Beginning July 1, 2023, HF 672 will eliminate renewal credit requirements for licensed educators who have completed a master’s degree or higher and have at least 10 years of licensed experience in education.
Requirements for eligibility:
- Completed a master’s degree or higher.
- Served at least 10 years in education
- Any PK-12 education experience in which a BoEE license is required
- Can also include out of state or out of country education experience
- Education experience does not need to be after the higher degree has been earned
- Requirements at the time of application for renewal:
- Valid Mandatory Reporter for Child Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse certificates.
- Verification of degree. (official transcripts from college/university).
- Verification of 10 years or more of education (letters on school letterhead from current/previous school districts)
- Administrators and evaluators will also need to include verification of Evaluator Training less than 10 years old.