June, July, and August are definitely our busiest times of the year for applications.
Because of this and to help you plan ahead for your licensing needs, we ask that you keep the following
- Over 10,000 applications are received during the summer months.
- Plan ahead! Applications take 4-6 weeks to process in the summer, so be sure to submit your application at least 4 weeks in advance of the date needed.
- Make sure your application was submitted. If it was, the ‘status’ of the application should state “Pending Internal Review.” Any other status means the application has not been submitted.
- Once your application has been submitted, please allow us time to complete our work. Each call and email you send to check the status will slow down the processing time. The BoEE staff needs time to evaluate and process each application.
- BoEE staff phones (except main line) will not be answered until 9 am Monday through Friday to allow time for processing applications.
- For login issues or to change the email on your BoEE account, please call our main number 515-281-3245.
- First-time applicants are required to submit fingerprints as part of the application process, even if you had your federal background check done for other states or other purposes. Your application cannot be issued until your state and federal background checks have been cleared.