In 2019, HF 731 modified the requirements for mandatory reporter training for child and dependent adult abuse. These can be completed through DHS or the AEA.
Do I need to complete trainings for both child and dependent adult abuse?
- Yes - the updated trainings are now separate, two hours each, and both child AND dependent adult abuse trainings must be completed. You will upload your completion certificates to your online application to renew.
Is my mandatory reporter training still valid?
- Check the completion date. Training completed before July 1, 2019, is valid for five years, and training completed on or after July 1, 2019, is valid for three years.
Can I complete the refresher course instead?
- We can only accept the one-hour refresher trainings IF:
- you have previously taken these NEW, SEPARATE two-hour trainings EACH, completed after July 1, 2019,
- AND you did not let the new trainings expire,
- AND you upload ALL certificates completed after 2019 to show this.
- It is MUCH easier to complete the trainings that are two hours each again to make sure you have the correct certificates.
Where can I complete the trainings?
Mandatory reporter trainings for child and dependent adult abuse through DHS
Mandatory reporter trainings for child and dependent adult abuse through the AEA