Converting a teaching license with a coaching ENDORSEMENT to a coaching AUTHORIZATION
A teaching license with a coaching ENDORSMENT can easily be converted to a coaching Authorization even if the teaching license is expired. This CONVERSION is not a renewal.
- Begin the application at: www.boee.iowa.gov The appropriate application for this type is called a First Coaching Authorization (in lieu of coaching on a teaching license).
- On this site, upload the CPR card, concussion certificate completed at http://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000 AND a copy of your license or a printout of the screen shot of your license from our web page at: https://www.boee.iowa.gov/search-license
Teachers with coaching AUTHORIZATIONS wanting to add coaching as an ENDORSEMENT to their teaching license:
- All the coursework needs to have been completed with college semester hour credit. The community education non-credit hours will not be accepted for this.
- There are two different applications a person can use to apply for this.
- Completing all the requirements at a State Approved teacher prep institution. This method requires a recommendation by the college or university where the classes were all completed. Applicants should check with their institution before they apply using this method.
- Completing all the following to meet the minimum State requirements: Structure and Function of the Human Body, Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries, Coaching Theory/Methods, Human Growth and Development, CPR, and the concussion certificate. The process of adding this endorsement by satisfying the State minimum requirements involves a two-part process. First an application is made by uploading official transcripts and other documents so that the coursework can be evaluated. This is a $60.00 transcript analysis fee. After the transcript is analyzed, you will receive an email from us. If you have satisfied the requirements, the second part of the process requires a $50.00 add endorsement fee.