YouTubeWordpress TwitterFacebook

Additional Support

Preservice Substitute Authorization

No longer available, but holders retain their substitute authority until their expiration date.

Paraeducator Certification

Completion of a an approved paraeducation certification program and verification of high school completion or equivalence.

School Administration Manager Authorization

Completion of the approved training and one year of SAM experience including verified competencies.

School Business Official Authorization

Complete the requirements for the initial school business official authorization and the additional credit requirements.

Initial School Business Official Authorization

Associate's degree in business or accounting or 60 semester hours of coursework in business or accounting of which 9 semester hours must be in  accounting. Applicants who do not have 9 semester hours but have at least 6 should contact our office to inquire about a temporary initial school business official authorization. 

Statement of Professional Recognition

Hold a license from the professional licensure division, department of public health, or board of nursing in specific areas

Class G Counseling

Completion of all of the coursework required for a approved professional school program with the exception of the internship. 

Professional Service

Two years of successful service in a professional service license area in an Iowa public school, or 3 years in an accredited private or out-of-state setting.

Initial Professional Service

Master's degree and completion of a professional service license program specific to an education setting. 




Printed from the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners website on September 25, 2022 at 9:10am.