FIRST APPLICATION FOR AN INITIAL CTE AUTHORIZATION is a slide presentation to explain the process.
Applicants shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- 6,000 hours of recent and relevant experience;
- 4,000 hours of recent and relevant experience if the applicant holds a baccalaureate degree;
- 3,000 hours of recent and relevant experience if the applicant holds an associate’s degree in the teaching endorsement area sought, if such a degree is considered terminal for that field of instruction;
- Hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree or closely related degree in the teaching endorsement area sought; or
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in any area of study if at least 18 of the credit hours were completed in the teaching endorsement area sought.
Available if coursework progress has been made during the term of the initial career and technical authorization. Mandatory reporter training for child and dependent adult abuse.
Apply for the Career and Technical Authorization upon completion of the required coursework.
All applicants for an Initial Career and Technical Education authorization must complete these requirements during the 3 year term of their initial CTE authorization:
- Iowa approved Human Relations course
- Methods of teaching Career and Technical Education
- Curriculum design and construction
- Evaluation of programs and students. (also called Educational Psychology)
- Coursework in the instruction of Exceptional Learners
- Ethics Training
Career and technical areas include but are not limited to areas such as construction, plumbing, electrical, welding, auto body/mechanics, drafting, agriculture, culinary arts, and nursing.