Requirements - First Issuance
- age 21
- approval from a school administrator/AD (form available within the online application) which will show:
- no fully authorized coaching candidates were found after a diligent search
- the transitional coach will be supervised by a licensed athletic director, administrator, or other practitioner serving in a supervisory role during the first two weeks of employment
- the supervisor will evaluate the performance of the transitional coach using an evaluation form available on the school’s website.
- a transitional coaching short course available through AEA Online Learning
- concussion training (online from the National Federation of High Schools)
- mandatory reporter training for both child abuse and dependent adult abuse.
Please note that this can be a slower pathway than the full authorization as there are still coursework and background check requirements.