You are responsible for knowing the rules and laws pertaining to teaching and licensure, and all the information provided to you on this site as it applies to your license, authorization or endorsement.
- If your license has expired you must stop teaching.
- Once you submit a payment, there is no refund.
- You will need to create an account in the system (if you have not already done so.)
- You don’t need to complete your application all at once.
- Your application is not submitted to the BOEE for review until the status is 'Pending - Internal Review'. Note that you will get an email from the system confirming that it is submitted when the status changes to 'Pending - Internal Review'.
- If the status is not 'Pending - Internal Review' you may need to 'Assess Application...' to get the status to change, especially if you have not completed the sections in order.
- If your application status is 'Pending - Internal Review' you should leave your application alone.
- If you are renewing, review the renewal requirements for your license type.
Processing time varies and may take up to 6 weeks.
We have a page with more information about the background check process.
We have a slide presentation with very detailed instructions about how to use this system.
If you have never used our new Salesforce system (started 3/18/2019) you need to create an account.