Mandatory Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Reporter Training
In 2019, HF 731 modified the requirements for mandatory reporter training for child and dependent adult abuse. The Iowa Department of Human Services is now providing the trainings online for free. The AEA is also providing the same trainings online for free for all school district employees, public and private. We will accept either the DHS trainings or the AEA trainings (choose one or the other).
- The new trainings will be two hours each for both child abuse and dependent adult abuse. You need to complete both.
- Your completion certificates will be issued through the provider you choose (DHS or AEA).
- The new trainings will be valid for three years.
- Once these trainings have been completed, updated refresher trainings can then be taken for one hour each as long as the trainings have not expired.
- Mandatory reporter training completed prior to July 1, 2019 will still be valid for five years from the date of completion.